Millpond Skating 2022
- Mon Jan 24 - Tue Mar 01
Millpond Skating is open to the public seven days a week! Take advantage of these fabulous conditions and come have some good old-fashioned Canadian fun.
MOTHER NATURE RULES. HERE WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER AND THIS WEEK, WE HAD HEAVY RAIN, THEN HEAVY SNOW. SADLY, THE RINK IS UNSUABLE. WE HOPE TO GET IT BACK INTO SHAPE IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS.
Please visit www.altonmillpond.org to find out more about the Millpond Project and to make a donation.
- We try our best to maintain the rink, but there isn't full time staff to maintain it all day every day. So, if you use the rink, please also shovel it before and/or after. This way everyone can enjoy the rink and skating trail. [note to all: this is standard rink protocol, nothing special or different]
- During times when ice is being flooded, please keep off the rink to avoid damaging the ice surface. That includes your dog as well!
- Safety is paramount! Be aware that despite our best efforts, pond ice is not "perfect" – it is susceptible to chipping, cracks and ruts. This goes with the territory, so please be careful.
- If you are playing shinny, and using either the pond hockey nets we have put out or using boots for nets, remember to keep the puck down!
- When you're finished using the benches to put on your skates, please move your boots, bags, etc. off and away, so others can use the benches.
- If you have handy a portable camp chair or two, bring them along in case the benches are full
- Please don't litter! Garbage cans are provided.
- The ramp down to the ice can be slippery at times. Please be careful.
- Most importantly, have fun and enjoy the great wintery outdoors!